Friday, March 9, 2007

ramen + pork = deliciousness

First, more picture love (from Wednesday):


One of the many Temples (this one`s Shinto) in Kamakura. Left of where I was standing when I took this picture were stand selling chocolate dipped strawberries, candied grapes on a stick, and frankfurters on a stick. It`s like a fair but with thousands-year old surroundings.



Neat, huh?


L to R: Andrea, Sara, and Craig heading down some old stone steps.


This scene was from behind the little cafe the temple had. Again--neat, huh?


Favorite Big Buddha shot #1.


Favorite Big Buddha shot #2.


Hand washing apparatus at a Buddhist temple.


Buddha and his guards--as far as I can tell.

Kamakura from atop the Buddhist temple we stopped at. That`s the west side of the Pacific ocean.

Vending machines are everywhere in this town. This one, neatly enough, provides you the drink not in a can but in a cup with ice (or hot, depending on what you buy).
Today was decent, with a Nissan diesel engine factory tour, the title for dinner, and a trip to the Electric City in Akihabara to nab a pair of noise-cancelling ear buds for less than market price and a trip through the local arcade. I`ll have pictures tomorrow, and there is one with a familiar look to it (well, for some of us, anyhow) that had me smiling. The only thing I`ll say right now is "roots".
I`ll sign this one off with a request and a contest. The request is for those of you reading this (and not for those of you not reading this; ha) to send me your number one question about Tokyo--through e-mail or through posting a comment here--and I`ll throw a Q&A feature here once I get to China. The contest is to guess how many of my aforementioned goals will have been met by the time I leave Japan. Both the questions and the guesses should be to me by the end of Sunday. Yes, the winner gets a prize. I won`t say what just yet, and that`s mostly because I have no idea what it will be.
This offer void in Delaware.
--butaniku--

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I love me a good Buddha.