Thursday, March 15, 2007

That Great Wall

Some of the better shots of the Great Wall of China:


A big gate near the parking lot


Some of the group by the entrance


The Wall





And again.


Hey, it's me!


The gnat-like merchants that swarm to those with the scent of 'sucker'


And again.


Our intrepid adventurer guards greater China from the Mongolian hoards (a la Futurama; note the intensely manly and tough face!)


And again!


This was a section ahead of where our path stopped, where it's quite a bit more worn


Can you see where the steps go? Neither could we. It gets pretty steep.


More merchants just outside of the wall area; they would rush out of the stalls to you no matter how far away you were.


Informative trash can plaque number one: bring a pillow!


Informative trash can plaque number two: I promise I won't!


The ravages of travel

Next up: the acrobats!

--when I'm home with my feet up--

No comments: