Wednesday, March 21, 2007

technical difficulties

Right. So today it doesn't want to upload my photos, so more will wait until that gets figured out. Anyhow, not too much to report. The morning was really good with a lecture from a high-up exec of Baosteel, the world's 6th largest steel producer. It was a bit of a treat for us, as one of our Chinese tour guides had a connection to the company (her father) and managed to arrange the lecture for us. We then had a tour of their raw materials dock and then of one of their steel rolling plants, which was very impressive. Some tourism in this past early afternoon--seeing a jade buddha in a very ornate and touristy temple--and some projected very good dinner in the evening will probably leave me a bit tired by the time my head hits the pillow. These long days have been very full and eventful, interesting and eye-opening, but they do sometimes leave me very spent, and that's when the lonesome feelings of homesickness are the worst. If I'm going to have to be any sort of world traveler in my career, my network of valuable people will need to continue to increase, because it's you people that keep me afloat, so thank you.


Time for a little work and maybe a short nap. That would certainly do me some good. I've had crazy dreams (as usual) while I've been here, and one last night had me cast in a play at Luther as an abusive professor, and I was really looking forward to the challenge of portraying someone so awful, but the dream ended before I got a chance to really read the story of it all and figure out what I'd do. I do recall, however, that during the audition the parts I read were awfully written. The director, some guest artist, struck me as cool though. Another reason to be done with the grad school thing, getting back into the arts a bit, like theater. Someday? Sure!

--electrify--

No comments: