I'm about to head home. This is in a dual sort of sense, as I am returning to the stage where my life is currently set, but I am also moving towards a greater goal of Home, of a place that I am continuing to construct and will carry with me, always, as the years progress. This trip has been a somewhat pivot point in that process, and what lies ahead is without a set schedule, without an itinerary, without a completion date, without a grade. What is just about to come is but a next step, but Home is nothing but one long series of next steps, and the joy of being able to continue, to remain, to have a next, is what matters today.
I will see and talk some of you on Sunday morning, when I have returned to Portland and have found myself to be awake, coherent, and without two cats swarming me (or potentially giving me the cold shoulder).
And, yes, I will travel safe.
--service time--
No comments:
Post a Comment