Special report from SFO: I am waiting on a delayed flight, sitting against a wall and damning for-profit WiFi access while I amuse myself in the digital jungle. I have experienced the tale of two airports, with PDX giving me no line at security, free WiFi, better snack places, and a somehow first class seat on my flight out; while SFO gives me a delayed flight, line at security, $6.00 WiFi, not the greatest iced tea, and a seat towards the rear. I will credit Alaskan Airlines for their rather comparatively good service, what with a free food voucher for my trouble during the delay. I'm not really too upset about any of this, but it would be nice to be nearly back by now.
Thanksgiving went well, with good food and a heap of lazy pie to nourish the workplace-hating soul, and a little time to reflect on everything that I've been a little mired in. I'm still 'not yet', but I've traveled away from the worry and unhappiness about it all. I figure the job part of life will have a better outlook after the holidays, and so will any number of other things. I'm not quite as sad as I was a couple of weeks ago, though life still feels a little appropriately flat. I'll get there; I feel like I have a lot of potential energy stored up, and once I find my outlets, I'll be off and running as I've intended to.
For now, I'll be content enough to share some warmth with my cats, watch some football, cook some food, and enjoy some impending holiday time with the family. Not much else to do.
--all on board--
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment